Friday, December 12, 2008
Do you need funding for a volunteering project? vcashpoint are giving funds for new projects.
What is it?
vcashpoint is looking for small, youth-led volunteering projects which are looking to fill a gap within a community.
They want to give up to £2,500 for young people aged 16-25 to design and run their own project that will benefit their chosen community.
What do I do next?
Just fill in their online form at http://www.vinspired.com/vcashpoint/ where you can also find out more about what they’re looking for.
The deadline for posting ideas is 5pm, 26th January 2009.
Who can apply? What are the criteria?
- Your project must take place in England.
- v are a youth volunteering organisation, so the project must be designed and run by 16-25 year olds.
- The project has to be new, or somehow different to what has been run in the past – maybe you have a new idea that you want to try out, or expand to include something new in an existing project.
- You will need to create at least 3 new volunteering ‘opportunities’ – i.e. new roles so that 3 new people can start volunteering. It’s all about getting people into volunteering!
- They expect the projects to start between 13th April and 30th September 2009, and to be completed within 6 months of starting.
We’re here to help!
The STAR national team can help you with writing your bid, meeting the criteria, budgeting, and so on. If you’d like support, or have any questions, please contact Kim Hawkins, Volunteering Support Officer, using our web form.
For more general help and advice see our Action Guide section all about fundraising.
J49 are also offering funding support of up to £1000 – check out how you can apply.
Please note that the STAR national office will be closed over Christmas. Our last day is Thursday December 18th and we open again on Monday January 5th.
Posted by STAR team on 12/12/2008 at 11:37 AM